2018 Venue 20
The hall is a Grade II listed building and it is surrounded by a green gated "square", the only one between Newcastle and Edinburgh. It was originally built around 1830 and is now used by the Scouts. The grassed area has a square at its centre on which 'Jimmy Strength's statue' used to sit. The hall was originally a reading room and the garden was a Bowling Green. A Billiard Hall was added in the late 1840s, a rare example of a purpose built one. By 1914 its use had declined and so the building was leased by Berwick Boy Scouts who purchased it in 1947. Now run as a Trust, the building is used by the Beavers, Cubs and Scouts and is let out to community groups.
On Palace Green
Saturday 11:00-14:00 & Sunday 11:00-14:00 No booking required